Good manners are very necessary to have for a person in order to live a happy, disciplined and peaceful life as well as get success in any field. Teachers generally assign their students to write something (paragraph, short essay or long essay) on good manners in the classroom during class tests or exam. It is a nice topic which can help students to be aware of all the good manners as well as encourage them to inculcate such manners. So, we have provided here various paragraphs, short essays and long essays on good manners under different word limits. You can select any of the good manners paragraph or good manners essay according to your need and requirement.
Essay on Good Manners
Good Manners Essay 1 (100 words)
Good manner means having polite or well-bred social behavior by the people. Having good manners in life matters a lot for living a social life. It should be inculcated especially in children from childhood. Behaving in well or bad manner is the most important part of the human nature and life. Good manners help us in getting respect and dignity in the society whereas bad manners defame us. Good manners help us to develop good habits which improve the physical, mental, spiritual and social well-being (thus overall development of the society) of person. A well behaving man, having all the good manners, is becomes the important citizen in the society as he never hurts the feelings of others.
Good Manners Essay 2 (150 words)
Good manner is the well behaving manner of the person which adds good impression on others as well as gives good feeling and confidence about oneself. Practicing good manners is very important for all of us and it is good if we do it from childhood with the help of parents and guardians. We must follow all the good manners whether we are at home, school, college, office, tourist places, or with friends.
Good manners are more than opening doors and writing thank you notes. Being polite and courteous to others shows our real behavior, thinking and mind level. It attracts people’s mind and attention if they get respect from us. Being a well behaved person, we set a standard for others too which encourage them to practice good manner and behave well. It is not easy to follow all the good manners for everyone however can be easily followed after practicing well.
Good Manners Essay 3 (200 words)
Man is considered as the most intelligent creation of God on the earth as he lives in the society as well as he has capacity to think, talk and act accordingly. So, he must know how to behave well and practice good manners to behave well with others in the society. Parents must teach their kids how should they behave with family members, neighbors, teachers, etc and respect the views of others. Being a well behaved person, one must be polite, gentle, disciplined, and sweet. Some people behave well with sweet words only in front but behind they talk bad, that is not the good manner.
Good manners help a person to show the same character; both, in front and behind of people. The words and behavior of a good mannered person never changes and remain same in all conditions. Well mannered people know well that how to show or explain the bitter truth with sweet words. People, who lack good manners generally, have sharp and clever tongue. Bad people always behave roughly and abuse others without any reason. They never hesitate to behave badly in the society. They show that they lack a good culture, society and discipline, thus they hated everywhere. And good mannered people are honored everywhere.
Good Manners Essay 4 (250 words)
Good manner can be defined as behaving well with courtesy and politeness to show correct public behaviour to the people living in society. Some of the good manners are like polite, courteous, humble, respectful and well-cultured social behavior found in some people. Any of the men or women is distinguished and recognized in the society by his/her good manners. A person is known in the society not only for his intelligence but also for his behavior and manners.
Importance of Good Manners in our Life
Good manners are very important in our daily and every parent must teach their children the good manners and importance of them in life. Good manners are required to create an effective interaction with friends as well as make a good impression on them. It helps us to remain positive throughout the day. We must use the magic words like “sorry”, “please”, “thank you”, “excuse me”, etc whenever required without getting late in order to maintain a happy relationship. Parents must help their kids to essentially practice such words to behave well in everyday life. These words show the feeling of sorry, happy, appreciation and respect to the people.
Good manner open the door to new conversation with people and opportunities in life. If someone talks to you with rudeness, don’t talk him in his way, just talk him in your way of behaving well as rudeness creates rudeness.
Practicing good manners is necessary to be a great and noble personality in the society. It maintains the positivity in our soul and mind. Our good behavior shows our ideal force of character. We should show respect and reverence to people to create positive interaction.
Good Manners Essay 5 (300 words)
Good manners are very necessary in life as they help us to behave well in the society with people as well as help us to maintain smooth, easy and positive relationship. Good manners help us to win the heart of people in the crowd and give us a unique personality. Good manner makes us person of pleasing and obeying nature which is genuinely loved and appreciated by all in the society.
What are Good Manners
A person with good manners shows respects towards feelings and sentiments of people living around. He/she never differentiates people and shows equal regard and kindness to everyone whether elder or younger than him. Modesty and courtesy are the essential traits of a well behaving person. He/she never feel proud or arrogant and always take care of the feelings of other people. Practicing good manners and following them all through the day bring sunshine and add qualities to the life. He/she always becomes mentally happy as good manners enrich his/her personality.
Teaching good manners to all the students is a boon to them and country from parents and teachers as they are the bright future. Lack of good manners among youths of the country lead them at the wrong path. Practicing good manners cost nothing but pay us a lot all through the life. Some of the good manners are like:
- Thank you: we must say thank you whenever we receive anything from someone.
- Please: we must say please while requesting for something to others.
- We should always support people who are in pain.
- We should always accept the mistakes and say sorry without hesitation.
- We should be disciplined and punctual in daily life.
- We should always compliment others for their good behaviour and qualities.
- We must listen to people very attentively who are talking to us.
- We should take permission before touching or using the things of someone else.
- We should always respond with a smile to other’s questions.
- We should never interrupt between the meetings of elders and must wait for our turn.
- We must be respectful to the elders (whether in family, relationship or neighbors), parents and teachers.
- Excuse me: we must say excuse me while getting attention for something.
- We must knock the door before entering to other’s home or bedroom.
Good manners are vital to us for getting popularity and success in life as nobody likes a mischief person. Good manners are like tonic to the people living in society as practicing them take nothing but benefits a lot whole life. People with polite and pleasant nature are always asked by the large number of people as they put magnetic influence over them. Thus, we must practice and follow good manners.
Good Manners Essay 6 (400 words)
Good manner is very significant to the people living in society. People can be benefited from the good manners in many ways at home, school, office or other places. People with good manners must have courtesy, politeness and respect to others and themselves too. Good manner is all which we behave well with others with humble respect. Bad behaviour never gives happy feelings to self and others. Just think that how sad and disrespected we will feel when someone is talking to our friend and turning his back to us.
Good mannered people are always liked and get respect and fame in the society as they behave well in same manner with all (good or bad). They consider the feelings of other people and always become kind. Teachers teach the lesson of good manners to their students in the classroom and instruct them to follow all that at all places forever. Parents also should help their kids at home to learn good manners properly as what kids learn in their childhood carry all through the life. We must first behave to others like what we wish in return from others. According to the Golden Rule “We should treat people the way we would like other people to treat us”. If we treat people with respect, we too will be treated in the same way by them.
Following good manners everywhere we go, we can better encourage people to behave well in the same manner to everyone. Some of the important good manners we can practice in our daily life are like:
- We must learn the habit of sharing (but not grabbing) things to others.
- We should be helpful, polite and humble to others at all places.
- We must use ‘sorry’, ‘please’, ‘thank you’, ‘excuse me’ and ‘time wish’ whenever required.
- We must respect the property of others and always take permission before using.
- We must help our family members in completing their chores.
- We must be responsible and self dependent for everything whether at home or outside the home.
- We must behave well with humble respect to our teachers, parents, other elders and senior citizens.
- We should not interfere between elder’s talk and must wait for our turn.
- We should hold the door open when someone is coming in and must hold his/her load if he/she is carrying something.
- We should maintain cleanliness at home, school, and all other public places.
- We should not use offensive language to others at home or public place.
- We must leave the seat for senior citizens while using public transport.
- We should never make fun of anyone as everyone has feelings and respect.
- We should not use mobile phone unnecessarily while being in group or public place.
- We should chew food properly and don’t talk to anyone while eating.
Following good manners not only increase the respect in people’s mind but also make us pleasant from inside. It creates the good impression in society, school, sports team, friends group and family. Life becomes much more pleasant day by day. Practicing good manners take nothing but give much more all through the life. We must practice good manners as well as encourage others to practice for the welfare of oneself, family, society and nation.
Paragraph on Good Manners
Introduction: Good Manners refers to polite, humble, courteous, respectful and well-cultured social behavior. A man or women, above everything else, is esteemed and distinguished on account of his or her good manners. A human-being is distinguished from brutes not on account of his intelligence alone but also on account his behavior and manners.
To have good manners means to be polite and considerate in all that you do. Good manners involve respect for others, and a kind of social awareness which means that we act in such a way as not to harm those around us, to cause undue offence to them, or to allow them to feel upset or uncomfortable.
Importance of good manners
Good manners are important. They demonstrate respect for other people. Further, a well-mannered man is respected and esteemed wherever he goes and esteemed in whatever condition of life he may be. A rich man or a high-pedigreed person, bumped with all titles without good manners, is hated in an ideal society. On the contrary, a poor man, with tattered clothes, but having delightfully good manners is sure to attract everyone’s attention and win everybody’s liking.
Among students in particular, preservation of good manners is a boon. It is a pity that on account of lack of manners in the modern students, an ugly and unpleasant atmosphere of indiscipline has been created. Good manners cost nothing. One the other hand they pay us a lot.
Examples of good manners
- Say, “Thank you” when you receive anything from someone,
- Say, “Please” while requesting for something,
- Say, “Excuse me” to get attention for something,
- Compliment other for their good qualities,
- Always knock the doors before entering other’s bed-room,
- Be respectful towards your elders, and teachers,
- Be compassionate towards someone who is in pain,
- Listen attentively when someone is talking to you,
- Be courageous enough to accept your mistake and never hesitate to say, “Sorry”.
- Always be ready to help others around you,
- Clean your shoes regularly.
- Always seek permission before touching or using something that belongs to someone else.
- If someone asks a question, try to respond with a smile.
- Do not interrupt in between the sentences when someone is speaking. Instead, wait for your turn.
- Eating quietly and considerately serving other people at the dinner table before serving yourself.
- Ensuring that you give money to the needy with a friendly and respectful smile.
- Be willing to help elderly or infirm people on and off public transport.
We, the dwellers of this land of great and noble personalities, must exhibit above all other things, an ideal force of character through our everyday manners, imbibed with nobility and spiritual sublimity.
It has been rightly said that ‘manners make a man’. Standard of good manners differs from country to country. But one thing is common to all that is to show respect and reverence to all with whom we come in contact.
Edited with inputs from various contributors.
Category: Essays, Paragraphs and Articles