How to Apply
THE APPLICATION WILL BE AVAILABLE DECEMBER 1, 2017.
THE APPLICATION DEADLINE IS FEBRUARY 15, 2018 AT 8 PM MST.
A complete application includes:
- Online application form
- Two letters of recommendation
- Family income verification (most recent tax returns)
- High school transcript (submitted by your high school liaison)
Please submit your letters of recommendation and your income verification to your Simon Scholar Liaison. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed or considered.
Before you begin
Gather the following information before you begin the online application:
Family Background and Financial Information
- Names and ages of all members of your household and of your siblings
- Financial information of your parent(s) or guardian. Specifically, you will need to provide your family’s Adjusted Gross Income which is line 37 on IRS Form 1040. For self-employed parents, you will also need to submit Schedule C of IRS Form 1040. If parents are exempt from filing taxes, you will have an opportunity to indicate why. You will also indicate if your family receives child support, alimony or social security income. You will need to provide a copy of your parent or guardian’s taxes to your school’s Simon Scholar Liaison.
- Your current employment information
- Your involvement in high school and community activities such as clubs, sports, volunteer service, performance, church or tribal activities.
- Your high school honors and awards
- You will be asked to verify US Citizenship or your status as a Permanent Legal Resident. If you are a Permanent Legal Resident, you will be asked to provide your Alien Registration Number (also referred to as A-Number or USCIS#, an 8 or 9 digit number that can be found on your Permanent Resident or “Green” Card).
- Although your essay responses can be typed directly into the application, we suggest that you create your own responses in a separate document and then copy and paste them into the online application. This will allow you to check your word count and spelling. You can download the short-answer essays here.
Competition Dates: February 18–19, 2018
The Office of Admissions offers an opportunity for business-interested applicants to participate in a business case competition for a $20,000 annual merit scholarship. Participants are divided into pre-determined teams and will have twenty-four hours to work together on a business solution for a real-world business case study.
The event culminates in a fifteen-minute presentation that illustrates teamwork and thoughtful and creative leadership and problem-solving skills. Even if you’ve never participated in a case competition before, this is a great opportunity to gain exposure to the fun and rewarding activities of a competitive business undergraduate education.
Once participants are selected and have registered for the program, the case study and an itinerary will be emailed to you. Please be sure that the email address in your Rochester portal account is current and that you check your email regularly.
Want to know what the competition experience is like from a current student’s perspective? Read a blog post by one of our past Simon Scholars winners.
In addition to receiving an annual minimum $20,000 scholarship to attend the University of Rochester, Simon Scholars who are admitted to any master’s or MBA program at the Simon Business School will continue to receive the annual minimum $20,000 scholarship in their graduate studies at Simon.
Only first-year applicants to the University of Rochester are eligible to participate. Simon Scholars can choose any major for their bachelor’s degree, although most students may pursue a Bachelor of Arts or a Bachelor of Science in business or related fields.
Business Degrees At Rochester
The University of Rochester offers all levels of business degrees. You can earn a Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science through the College’s Barry Florescue Undergraduate Business Program, or earn a graduate or professional degree through the Simon Business School. Both the College and Simon Business School are conveniently located on the River Campus.
Application Deadline: January 5, 2018Apply now!
Your completed application for admission to the College must also be received no later than January 5, 2018. Only first-year applicants to the University of Rochester will be considered for this competition.