- My favorite food is burger essay
- Essay on my favorite food pizza
- Essay on my favorite food
- My favorite food essay writing
- Easy essay my favorite food
- My favorite food is cake essay
Today, there are many delicious foods easily available. I sometime wonder how life was in the ancient past when they did not have ease of access to food as we do today.
However, though I can find food of all kinds in our stores there are foods that stand out as my favorite.
I easily walk past the pizzas, the fluffy pasties, pies, and cream cakes. But when I sit in the restaurant and see the words oxtail stew, with creamed spinach and potatoes I positively drool.
The Waitron places the crispy warm bread rolls beside me on a white plate. In front of me were yellow balls of butter. Next, she placed in front of me a bowl of creamed spinach, dark green finely cut with the white cream and steam coming from it advertising it was freshly cooked. I inhaled the warm aroma unique to spinach. Beside it was a bowl with smooth white mashed potato. Rich creamy smooth and firm from the butter and milk that had been beaten into it to add to its flavor and smooth texture.
Then came the bowl full of oxtail stew. Its rich dark brown color was set off by the white bowl it was in. The gravy was thick and rich. I could smell the aroma of beef, garlic, and herbs and spices drifting up from it into my nose. My mouth watered in anticipation.
Now I took the silver spoon and dipped it into the bowl of potato. It smoothly penetrated the firm fluffy white mound. I lifted the spoon and turned it over on my plate depositing a mound of potato. I repeated this 3 times. Then using another spoon I scooped up spinach dripping white sauce and put it on the plate beside the potato. The dark green Spinach was hot, the white Sauce melted and it contrasted with the creamy potato. Now after a second helping of spinach I took another larger spoon. I dipped it into the rich brown stew and stirred it. Then I scooped up a chunky slice of oxtail. Several other pieces followed that one onto my plate, the rich brown meat, contrasting with the dark green spinach and creamy white potato. The succulent meat gleaming with a coating of rich gravy and the aroma of gravy, garlic spinach and potato blending in the steam rising from my plate. I scooped up gravy from the bowl and trickled it over the white potato catching the scent of red wine. I broke the roll and spread butter on it and I was ready to eat.
Now the decision where to start, so I bit into the fresh crisp roll and tasted its warm soft texture and the melting butter. By then I had decided to sample the potato with gravy and the spinach. The potato was smooth, with a taste of butter over powered with the tangy gravy, its garlic and hint of good red wine in it. The spinach was a good foil. Smooth with its vegetable texture and plain white sauce it softened the taste of the gravy. Then I used my fork and removed the succulent meat from the bone. Its soft texture, fatty feeling in the mouth, the spice wine and garlic in the gravy made it perfect. So I sat contented at my table eating as much as I could, and more than I should of my favorite food.
Tips on writing a descriptive essay about your favorite food:
- This essay form is personal. It describes your personal experience and view on your favorite food.
- The goal is to create a vivid picture in the reader’s imagination.
- Brainstorm by using your power of observation and make notes.
- Carefully choose descriptive words that bring out a vivid picture of what you describe – in this case – your favorite food.
- Ensure you apply all your senses. The reader must be brought into the picture in his imagination. If you use words such as hot, cold, warm, dark, light, sunshine, fragrant, and the like.
- Describe, where you can, your emotions and feelings. Most of the readers will identify and connect with emotion.
- Do not lose your focus and make sure you organize your paper correctly.
At CustomWritings writing service you can get a high-quality custom descriptive essay written by academic experts from scratch. Visit our service now!
3.93 avg. rating (78% score) - 10 votes
Tags: descriptive essays, essay on food